Sunday, February 21, 2010

The first Botanical Gardens trip (ex-utero, that is)

Because it was unseasonably warm on Saturday, Mike and I decided to take Holden to one of our favorite St. Louis sites, the Missouri Botanical Gardens. The last time the two of us had been there was three days before Holden was born, during an unproductive attempt to walk my way into labor. This time, the Gardens were holding their annual orchid show, so we took a quick jaunt around the exhibit and then headed out to the Japanese Gardens for a walk. Holden loved it! I thought for sure that he would fall asleep in his stroller to the rhythm of the movements, but instead he wanted to get out and experience the place in full, which I suppose is to be expected since this was one of the first days he's been able to spend time outside since he was born.

Below are more pictures from the day. Yes, he's definitely rocking the patterns. Mike put that ensemble together before the two of them picked me up at the coffee shop for the outing. I think it's the yellow socks that really complete that outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment