Friday, January 29, 2010

RIP Mr. Salinger

Yesterday the author who inspired us to name our boy Holden died at the age of 91. In honor of Holden's namesake, I give you some of my favorite quotes from Catcher in the Rye--many of them great bits of advice, if you ask me.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. ~Ch. 6

It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes. ~Ch. 9

It's no fun to be yellow. Maybe I'm not all yellow. I don't know. I think maybe I'm just partly yellow and partly the type that doesn't give much of a damn if they lose their gloves. ~Ch. 13

Goddam money. It always ends up making you blue as hell. ~Ch. 15

It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to. ~Ch. 21

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. ~Ch. 26

No comments:

Post a Comment