Tuesday, January 12, 2010

good morning, Holden

So, there is certainly one fact that has become clear in the Murawski-Campbell house: daddy is a lighter sleeper than mommy (no new discovery to those that know us). I think this is great (and you can all call me crazy ... not gonna bother me). OK, so I might be the one who wakes up first when little Holden stirs at night -- but nowadays he seems to be gaining an ability to put himself back to sleep. At least once a night (often more), Holden awakes due to the curse of hunger, and I am the one who changes him in advance of that 3am or 6am meal. Poop and pee are no match for me (and some Pampers ... soon to be Bum Genius ... magic).

Aside from the diaper changings, when little Holden wakes up in the morning -- usually when the sunshine comes through his blinds, but also often after daddy wakes up himself to go to work -- I frequently get to be the person who gets to say "Good Morning, Holden!", and my day begins just about the best way possible (seriously, see photographic evidence below). Holden is about the cheeriest baby in the morning, and almost always greets me with a huge smile in the morning. So, I'm cool with being a light sleeper and the first one up in the morning if it means I get to see the boy's morning grin.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, he's such a sweetie in the morning. Except today, but that may be because he has a cold, grrr.

    ReplyDelete