Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today, I hate George Vernon Hudson

As I sit here and listen to Holden cry for the last hour as he resists bedtime, I have nothing but terrible and/or bitingly-sarcastic things to say about George Vernon Hudson, the lame bloke that supposedly "invented" daylight savings time. First of all, who the [bleep] decides to change time ... what gall!?!?! I mean, we all want to change time, and this 'nancy' from down under just up and gets it done over a hundred years ago. Of course, the real crime (and what really pisses me off these days) is that OUR government still implements this (as if Congress's approval ratings weren't low enough already, they needed to mess with when this time change happens, and so it landed on us today, as Holden finally had developed a nice bedtime schedule and routine ... and then, WHAM!, time freakin' changes).

Sometimes I feel like I live on the TV show "Lost," but just not on a beautiful tropical island. Maybe time will change again several times before I go to bed tonight ... perhaps sending me back to that dark day in New Zealand's history when George Vernon "The Loser" Hudson delivered his paper on the value of after-hours daylight, and then I can take that paper (with the help of Richard Alpert -- yes, he's there, too) just before a bright flash of light brings me back to a nice quiet night at home where Holden is sleeping ... because TIME NEVER CHANGED!

1 comment:

  1. Hey now, he didn't cry for a complete hour. And it was intermittent. Plus I predicted it, so kudos for me. Besides, I'll probably have trouble going to sleep tonight too!

    ReplyDelete