Friday, June 19, 2009

21 Weeks

Today I read in two different resources that I should be "comfortably pregnant" right now. I think they tell you this at 21 weeks because after the big ultrasound week of excitement, the next week is fairly uneventful. Not a lot of changes, and I don't really think that the bump has gotten much bigger. But I guess this description is accurate. I've been "feeling" pregnant for a while now, and not awkwardly or painfully so. And I can still bend over to tie my shoes (for how much longer, I'm not sure...).

The only big news is that we took the Short Stranger on a 5k Komen Breast Cancer Walk on Saturday to raise money for a cure, and we survived with only one very necessary bathroom break! Even got a a bit of a tan.

This week, the Short Stranger has only grown a wee bit, from the length of a banana to that of a carrot. So not much. A much bigger growth spurt is coming soon though, since we've got about 6-8 pounds to go. Babycenter.com writes this:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Short Stranger pictures coming soon, we promise! We have about an album's worth already.

No comments:

Post a Comment