Friday, August 28, 2009

31 Weeks

Hmm, me thinks we've reached a new level in this pregnancy when babycenter.com uses multiple fruit to visualize the baby. It's like I'm juggling four oranges constantly...in my belly. We're now in the single digits on our baby day countdown, with less than 10 weeks to go. Not so long ago, I can remember how excited we were to get to week 10, towards the end of that anxiety-filled first trimester. And now...was I ever that small?

This week we began our birthing class, otherwise known as prep for the "Short Stranger Welcome Home Party." It was only somewhat useful, since this week was mostly introductory. I did learn one important thing: the Short Stranger is SUPER EXCITED about his arrival! I don't think I've ever felt him move so much in one two-hour sitting. I almost starting giggling during our practice breathing because he wouldn't stop wiggling underneath my shirt. All I have to say is, slow down cowboy! You still have a lot of time left.

All of this commotion is the topic of this week's babycenter.com post:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment