Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The squirmy worm that he is...

Today at my weekly doctor's appointment, Mike and I enjoyed witnessing a bit of cat-and-mouse entertainment between the Doc and the Short Stranger during the usual heart beat monitoring. As the doc put the monitor up against my belly, Mr. SS scooted away, making a squooshing sound in the microphone.

Soo...instead of chasing him with her monitor, the doc decided to push at him from the other side, making him move even more--which made Mike and me laugh. Finally, with some effort, she was able to find the pulse. The best part about this little game? The doctor started giggling! She couldn't contain her own amusement with the event.

And while I'm on the subject of our doctor, I think she's starting to get almost as excited about our impending delivery as we are. Her face lights up with a barely contained grin anytime I tell her a symptom that just might be related to my progress towards the d-day. I wonder if deliveries are a little like Christmas for OB's too. I imagine that it has to be a little hard for them to contain their excitement. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment