Wednesday, September 2, 2009

school supplies

On my first day of classes last week at Wash U. I found myself bringing an unusual array of added school supplies that only a woman pregnant or once pregnant could truly appreciate. In addition to the security blanket known as my laptop computer, as well as the pens, notebooks, and such that I drag about with me in my bag, I brought the following:
-An extra pair of shoes in case my feet swelled
-Craisins, to dull the hunger pangs
-Crystallized ginger, a natural remedy for acid refux and heartburn--because that baby in there just loves to crowd out my esophagus
- Tums, in case the ginger didn't work
-And a blanket and pillow: the required "supplies" for the birthing class I attended after I TA'd

And what did I actually use? The craisins and the shoes. Surprisingly, no blanket or pillow (they had us sit on a bean bag, which is the subject of an entry on its own...you try getting out of one of those at 7 months pregnant!) Sadly, I don't think anyone even noticed the new (uncomfortable) sandals I had worn in the morning, so I gave up on them by noon. But yay for not needing the tums!

The next goal is to pack some sort of semblance of a hospital bag, to throw in the car. Just...in...case...

No comments:

Post a Comment