Monday, September 21, 2009

and the name is...

... well, while we do have a couple names picked out, I'm not going to tell you what it might be. However, I can tell you what it is NOT going to be.

In the first category are names from recent babies that people have seen at local hospital nurseries. One baby was named "Gorgess," but my favorite worst name so far from a local newborn was "Lil'Smokey." And you'd probably think these names are coming from parents who don't even take the time or consideration to think about these poor kids and how their names will impact their lives (full of bullying and jokes). You'd think these names come from teenage parents or something -- nobody important or famous. Well, I'm not so sure. Proceed to category 2 -->

In the second category of terrible baby names are those from celebrities. I will never figure out what gives Hollywood parents the right to come up with the most off-the-wall names (or, really non-names). But here is a list of the the 33 Worst Celebrity Baby Names. My favorites are:

Tu Morrow (Rob Morrow's kid) -- just plain wrong.

Seven (Erykah Badu's child) -- OK, so someone else saw that episode of Seinfeld, but missed the joke, I guess.

Kyd (David Duchovny and Tea Leoni's) -- as Babble.com aptly quips, "Doesn't this just invite people to speculate that you, as parents, a) just didn't care enough to actually name your kid, and b) can't spell?"

Pictured to the right is Sylvester Stallone with Sophia Rose (that's actually nice), Sistine and Scarlet (OK, still perfectly respectable) -- not pictured are Rambo's sons Sage Moonblood and Seargeoh (what?!?!?!).

And finally, one of my all-time favorite celebrity baby names ...

Blanket (the late MJ's son, aka Prince Michael II) -- and it just gets worse when Michael explains why he named his son Blanket. On the other hand, I'm kinda a fan of his real name . . . Prince Michael . . . has a nice ring ; )

I hope Gorgess and Lil'Smokey ready this one day -- I think they are probably going to feel a lot better about their own names.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like Arthur Ashe's kid's name Camera. As in "smile for the camera, Camera." Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend in high school who was family friends with the Morrow's. Tu's mother's name is Debon Aire (no joke). Apparently, the answering machine for the family has a hokey pun about if they don't get back to you today, they will tu... morrow... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and be sure that initials don't spell out anything funny/mean. Sometimes I think parents just sit around and think "hmm lets give our kid a name so he/she will get beat up on the play ground, that way when they become a famous artist/poet/rapper they will have material to pull from."

    ReplyDelete