Saturday, May 16, 2009

Expectant Parents and the Now Ubiquitous "Tweet"


I can't help but make a quick comment on the rise of Twitter . . . for babies and expectant parents. I guess the popularity of this new "social" network combined with young, tech-saavy parents-to-be (PTB) means just hundreds a new ways to waste perfectly good time. Here are a couple ways that Twitter/Tweets have invaded the PTB world:

1. The award for nerdiest invention in this category goes to NYU grad. student Corey Menscher who created Kickabee, which supposedly allows your baby to Twitter from the womb. Every time the baby kicks, a strap registers it and sends out a Tweet (I feel so sorry for his wife, who sits at home all day wearing a wired strap so he can simply get kick Tweets). Here's the Kickabee Twitter feed.

2. OK, I'm not sure how I feel about new dads video taping their child's birth (must get a release from the mother, right?), but new dads are now posting immediate updates on Facebook . . . and now live updates on Twitter. I get wanting to be the first person to do this, but does anyone need to follow in those steps?

3. My vote goes here: an actually useful baby Twitter feed: @BabyNameWizard.

4. Finally, there are babies on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment