Friday, May 22, 2009

Are Art Cradles as Comfortable as Art Chairs?

OK, so follow my logic here. This past Thursday, I went with the Saint Louis Art Museum docents to several local art collectors' pads. In them were some great pieces of "high-design" furniture -- you know, the kind no one would ever sit on for fear of piercing its aura. Well, when you're at a collector's house, you can often just go right ahead and sit down (with permission, of course). So I did. And they were quite cozy (chairs by Zaha Hadid, Frank Gehry, Eero Saarinen, Charles and Ray Eames, etc.).


So I wonder if "high-design" art cradle or cribs are also cozy as well as collectable. I doubt it, but here a link to some priceless examples (that you will NOT find in our house, when the Saint Louis Art Museum docents visit next year to see our "collection" . . . . psych).

DaddyTypes: Some Crazy Avant-Garde Cradles from the Past!

No comments:

Post a Comment